A Worry-Free Visit With Dental Sedation
Many people don’t look forward to going to the dentist. Are you, or someone you love, one of the 15% of people who experience dread when it comes to their appointment at their dentist in Victoria? Dental sedation may help.
Dental fear can be due to previous bad experiences, challenging developmental or anxiety disorders, an intellectual disability, or simply fear of the unknown. No matter the cause, at Pacifica Dental, our caring and compassionate team is extremely dedicated to ensuring you get the care you want and need… and we understand that for many, dental anxiety or fear is not something you can “talk down.” That’s why dental sedation has proven so successful.
With sedation, we help you sit back, relax, and sometimes even forget you’re at the dentist at all. Safe for children and adults, it’s an extremely effective way to dispel fear.
Here are sedation options and anxiety-dispelling services that we’re pleased to provide you and your family:
- Anxiety-releasing Nitrous oxide (laughing gas)
- This colorless gas effectively reduces pain and anxiety, and sometimes, patients feel a euphoric effect. To administer laughing gas, we place a comfortable mask over your nose. You’ll feel the effect quickly and, once the mask is removed, its effects wear off quickly.
- Simple & effective oral sedation
- Often called conscious sedation, oral sedation is a pill that is taken in advance of your appointment to produce a calming effect. It minimizes fear and reduces memory of the dental care you receive. You’ll need someone to bring you to your dental appointment and take you home.
- IV sedation
- Usually used for patients who are extremely nervous, IV sedation is administered intravenously (through a vein in your arm). With special certification, we’ll take excellent care of you. IV sedation works quickly and you won’t recall your dental care – you’ll be very groggy and need a ride home.
24-hour emergency access
Accidents happen. Restorations break. Because we never want you to suffer in pain or fear long-term damage, we have 24-hour emergency service. If you are experiencing pain, lose a tooth due to an accident, or if a filling falls out and leaves a sharp edge, we’re ready to provide gentle emergency dental care for you at our Victoria dental office. Call us right away – we’ll fit you in.
Long-time compassionate team
With years of training, dentistry experience, and working closely with our patients to achieve their smile goals, all of us at Pacifica Dental are passionate about our individual roles. From the moment you walk through our front door and are greeted by our friendly reception team, to the time treatment is completed, you’ll be in good hands every step of the way!
We Are Here For You
Since 2004, we’ve worked hard to earn the trust of our patients and we treat everyone like close friends and family. When you come to us for your dental care, we will always ensure you’re comfortable and will listen to your concerns… because we know just how much a pleasant, attentive, anxiety-free experience means to you.
If you’re feeling anxious about your upcoming visit or simply want to get a closer look at our practice before making the decision to gift yourself with excellent oral health, we invite you to book a full practice tour. Come find out which level of dental sedation is medically right for you, meet our caring team, and discover our compassionate approach to dentistry! We’ll show you exactly why your trip to the dentist will be stress-free and one you can look forward to! Call today!
Yours in excellent dental health,