We Are Open & Providing All General Dentistry Care!
At Pacifica Dental here is what we are doing to keep you safe.
As mandated and recommended by our governing bodies (CDC, WSBC, and our dental associations), we are very happy to announce that our doors are once again open to non-urgent (but important!) care as well.
Covid-19 is still at the forefront of everyone’s thoughts and we understand the stresses this may bring. Part of every-day life includes excellent oral hygiene – at home and at our practice. With the pandemic, many of our patients’ re-care schedules have fallen behind and it is now time to catch up. Here is some important information…
Your dental visits are an important part of staying healthy and we want you to know what we are doing to keep you safe.
Along with our already-stringent equipment and treatment room sterilization protocols, we are committed to:
- Pre-screening patients for symptoms of illness via telephone & once again upon arrival (see below for the questions we will be asking).
- Rescheduling appointments if there is any risk to our patients, our team, or our community.
- Providing sanitary hand gel throughout our practice and plenty of soap and single-use towels.
- Routinely sterilizing all non-treatment areas including restrooms, waiting areas, and consultation rooms – just like we have always done. Rest assured that door handles will be sanitized after each use.
If you are one of our patients who had their re-care cancelled as a precautionary measure during the pandemic, hopefully we have reached you to reschedule. But if not, please call us now. We will fit you in at time that is most convenient to you so that you can keep your treatment plan and your oral health on track!
In addition, we are also…
- wearing full PPE, i.e. masks, face shields, gloves, gowns, and caps... but do not worry... you will still see our smiles in our eyes! Some practices are charging patients a PPE premium – we are NOT.
- not wearing street clothes in the practice
- not handling mobile phones in the practice.
- social distancing by limiting the number of people in the practice at one time.
Our Focus Is On Your Safety
As SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes Covid-19) moves through our community, it brings so many life changes, questions, and new practices at home, at work, at school, and at the dental office.
We understand that the transition back from isolating and social distancing may be awkward and even scary at first. That is why, in addition to safety, we are focusing on two more areas to assist you in feeling more confident, comfortable, and safe at your next appointment.
- Communication – If you have any questions whatsoever about attending our practice, please ask! One of our team members will be happy talk with you openly.
- Treatment Plan Fulfilment – To ensure your most beautiful & healthy smile, it is important that we continue to be proactive with your dental care, taking a preventive approach. We will be in touch to confirm your next appointment and look forward to seeing you! If you have missed your recall appointment while our practice was accepting emergencies only, please call now to reschedule.
We are here to help you feel confident in receiving the dental care you want and need. Thank you for your trust and loyalty. It means so much to us.
What Is Patient Screening?
While the threat of SARS-CoV-2 infection remains in our community, we will be screening patients before appointments by asking recent health questions. Screening will happen twice: over the phone when we confirm your date and time, and when you arrive at the practice. To remove any mystery or anxiety around screening, here is what we will be asking...
- Have you felt hot or feverish in the last 14-21 days? Do you have a fever now?
- Do you have shortness of breath or other breathing difficulties?
- Do you have a cough, typical cold symptoms, hoarse voice, fatigue, or headache?
- Have you experienced any flu-like symptoms?
- Have you experienced recent loss of taste or smell?
- Have you traveled out of province in the last couple of weeks?
- Have you been in contact with anybody who has had symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19?
- And when you arrive at our practice, we will ask if we may take your temperature.
To keep everyone safe, if you answer yes to these questions, we will reschedule your appointment for when you are symptom-free.
Thank you for your understanding and for your trust and loyalty in our team.
If you are a current patient, or new to us, please call us at (250) 384-7141 with your dental-related questions. It will be great to hear from you and see your smile soon!