How a Cosmetic Smile Analysis Can Create a Radiant Smile
It’s hard to pin down exactly what first impressions are made of. It could be the way a person dresses, speaks, or a barely noticeable mannerism. Teeth also have a lot to do with the way people judge us and form opinions about our character. Studies have shown that the number of teeth you show when you smile has a great impact on how old you look. In a more youthful smile, the front teeth are longer and help create a line that comes slightly downward in the middle and up at the corners. In an older smile, the front teeth are worn, so the teeth appear straight across. Chips, discoloration, and stains can also age a smile.
Thanks to modern dentistry, there are now ways to turn back the clock on your smile. As your dentist in Victoria, we offer a number of simple cosmetic smile-enhancing techniques that can actually make you look years younger. Here are some cosmetic dentistry options for you.
Consider completing a cosmetic smile analysis!
Take just a moment to answer these questions as honestly as you can. Over the past couple of months, have you ever…
- covered your smile for a photograph?
- laughed out loud but felt self-conscious?
- not laughed because you didn’t want to show your teeth?
- admired someone else’s smile and thought to yourself, “I’d love a smile like that!”?
- thought, “My smile used to be so much more youthful”?
- squashed a broad smile so that your teeth didn’t show?
- avoided getting your picture taken?
- never take selfies because you don’t like your smile?
- wished you’d receive more compliments about your smile?
Your answers are your own personal smile analysis. They’ll tell you if you could benefit from either cosmetic or restorative dental procedures.
At our practice, we also perform smile analysis.
It’s really straightforward.
- Let us know that you’re interested in discussing some changes to your smile.
- Tell us what your concerns are, and don’t worry, you don’t need to know what treatment will be required. There are so many options in dentistry and we will present them all to you.
- Our thorough dental evaluation will help you decide which aesthetic treatment is best for you.
- When we present options, we’ll go through the details so that you know what’s involved.
- Together we’ll make the best decision about treatment for your specific smile and smile goals.
- The results will give you something to smile about … and we’ll be smiling along with you.
Here are a few more things to consider…
What would you most like to change about the way your teeth look? What change would most improve your smile? Check out this simple smile questionnaire. If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, as a dentist in Victoria, we can help!
- Do you have any stained or discolored teeth or fillings?
- Do any of your teeth have uneven shapes due to chips, fractures, or rough edges?
- Are any of your teeth crowded, overlapping, or crooked?
- Do you have any gaps between your teeth or are you missing any teeth?
- Are your teeth uneven in length?
Top tips when considering cosmetic dentistry options
Ensure the dentist you choose is skilled in cosmetic dentistry, shows before and after photos as proof of what they can do (which can be found on social media or their website), and if necessary, ask if they’ve taken continuing education courses to stay up-to-date with the latest techniques in clinical cosmetic dentistry.
As a dentist in Victoria, it’s our primary goal to give you a smile you’re going to love. We offer a wide variety of cosmetic dental services to enhance your smile in many ways.
After doing a cosmetic smile analysis, how do I know what procedure is right for me?
As your dentist in Victoria can answer any questions you may have about techniques used to improve your smile, the condition of your teeth, and the desired result you want. Giving these details to your dentist will allow them to choose the most appropriate treatment plan. If you are considering a treatment plan, ask your dentist the following questions:
- What will the changes look like?
- What should I expect through the course of treatment?
- What type of maintenance will be required?
Your dentist can answer the questions you have about the techniques used to improve your smile. The condition of your teeth and your desired result often indicate the best procedure for you.