CEREC 3D Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are one of the most recommended dental procedures. This is because a crown solves a wide variety of dental problems and can contribute significantly to the extension of a tooth’s life.
CEREC (CEramic REConstruction) 3D technology, the most modern and precise method of dental reconstruction, is available at Pacifica Dental.
Complex dental procedures in one visit
In addition, it is a virtually painless procedure that restores the look and functionality of the natural tooth. Often, in the absence of pain, dental issues are ignored due to the time required for multiple visits to the dentist’s office. This can be the case for a traditional dental crown procedure as it involves multiple steps performed in multiple sessions. However, habits have changed and time is a primary and most valuable resource. Pacifica Dental understands the need to protect our patient’s dental health and respect their time. This is why, as your dentist in Victoria, we are putting technology to good use and offering you complex dental procedures all in one visit.
What is the CEREC 3D system?
This innovative method of treatment uses a high-accuracy video capture camera connected to a computer that, based on the scanned 3D images, will design the restoration. The computer takes into account the neighboring teeth as well as the antagonistic ones, offering the most accurate diagnostics to treat the tooth. After the computerized design is ready, the information is transmitted wirelessly to a milling machine. At this step, a ceramic block will be milled according to the computer design, using very precise diamond tools, with a level of precision measured in microns.
The CEREC 3D CAD / CAM system allows us to make, in just a few minutes, a fully ceramic restoration. All restorations carried out with the help of the CEREC 3D system are made of the highest quality ceramic blocks, and are available in various colors, according to your needs.
CEREC 3D uses computer technology for the complete reconstruction of a tooth in a single visit to the dentist, using the most advanced material used in dentistry – dental ceramics.
Why do we recommend CEREC 3D crowns?
- All-ceramic restorations are done in the same session, saving time.
- No more temporary prosthetics
- CEREC restorations do not contain metal. Thus, the dental crown applied to your tooth will use a 100% biocompatible material – dental ceramics. This eliminates allergic reactions, metallic taste and bad breath.
- The preferred option for treating tooth decay – replacing altered dental tissue with ceramic and not with composite resins
- No more risk of human error – the crown shape and size are designed and manufactured entirely by the computer.
Frequently asked questions
- Deep dental cavities
Tooth decay causes teeth to weaken and endangers their structure. When left untreated, tooth decay can create cavities. When the decay is deeper, the dentist needs to treat all affected areas. This weakens the structure of the dentition and leaves it vulnerable to bacteria, which could lead to the tooth needing to be extracted. A dental crown can cover the tooth and prevent the entry of new bacteria, eliminating the need to extract the tooth.
- Root canal treatment
The root canal is the dental treatment meant to repair and save from extraction a deeply affected tooth. Dental crowns are used to seal and restore the tooth after a root canal.
- Fractured or broken teeth
For deeply cracked or fractured teeth, crowns are recommended to prevent further dental damage, eliminate pain and restore the structure of the cracked tooth.
Dental discoloration can be repaired through teeth whitening techniques. A custom dental crown can be used to restore the appearance of the natural tooth. This is especially advantageous for anterior teeth, which show when talking and smiling.
CEREC 3D has become our number one option in the reconstruction of teeth with extensive damage. The traditional solutions, amalgam or composite fillings and crowns, may not be the best options in the long run. Especially in difficult cases, the tooth needs a superior material in order to restore its strength. Therefore, we recommend CEREC 3D to repair the destroyed area of the tooth with a micrometric level of precision. Moreover, through this innovative method, we will be able to rebuild your tooth by a much less invasive method than the classic dental crowns (traditional crowns require more grinding of the tooth).
Patients who have gone through both a classic crown and a CEREC crown will always choose the latter for their subsequent procedures.
With CEREC 3D crowns, we can restore the natural beauty of a tooth in three simple steps:
- To make sure you feel perfectly comfortable, we will locally anesthetize the tooth with minimal or no pain at all. We then remove the old filling and any decay. With the help of CEREC 3D, we can keep intact the healthy enamel of the tooth.
- Using the high-performance 3D camera connected to the CEREC 3D scanner, we will take three-dimensional photos of the prepared tooth. The computer then searches a database of thousands of teeth and automatically determines what your tooth looked like when it was completely healthy. A 3D image of the tooth will appear on the screen and the doctor will accept it or make small changes.
- The information obtained in step 2 is transmitted wirelessly to a device that uses diamond tools to mill a ceramic block. The milling process takes about 10-15 minutes, after which the crown is glazed and pigmented so that the final appearance is as natural as possible. This reconstruction is then cemented on the tooth using the best quality dental cements.
At Pacifica Dental, the cost of a CEREC crown is between $1,400 to $1,700 depending on the difficulty of the case.
One. We offer complete reconstruction of your tooth in a single visit to the dentist!
Given the speed with which a patient can leave our office with a dental reconstruction of the highest quality, we are happy to say that CEREC 3D crowns are the perfect solution for long-term restorations.
Time is no longer a barrier in the way of a healthy and beautiful smile 😊
If you find yourself in need, give us a call and let the high-end CEREC 3D technology work for you.