Post ZOOM Whitening Instructions
1. If sensitivity occurs please continue to use the “Relief ACP” gel provided. Place a small amount in the trays provided and wear for 30 minutes a few times per day until sensitivity subsides. A pain medication such as Advil or Tylenol can be taken as well.
2. Because your teeth are more susceptible to stain 48 hours following the “Zoom” treatment, it is recommended to stay away from colored foods such as red wine, tomato sauce, coffee, tea, as well as any acidic foods such as oranges which may cause some sensitivity. Smoking should also be avoided for this time period. This should be strictly followed for the best result.
3. Two weeks to a month following the procedure the teeth may begin to stain. Now is when at home applications can be started with the whitening material provided and the trays that our office fabricated to fit your teeth. To do so:
• Place a small dab of the whitening material on the outside of the 10 front teeth (up to the second pre-molar) in the upper and lower arch.
• Be sure to brush and floss before beginning to whiten.
• Place trays over teeth and then wash hands.
• The trays are to be worn once or twice per day for up to 1 hour but
• Once complete, clean trays with an old toothbrush and liquid hand soap.
• If the teeth become sensitive following the at the home whitening, no longer than 1 hour at a time. please use the “Relief ACP” gel that was provided in the trays as explained in step one.
If you have questions or concerns please call us at 250-384-7141.
Home Whitening Instructions
1. Brush and Floss teeth thoroughly prior to whitening.
2. Place a small amount of whitening gel into front facing side of trays. You only need about a pin head size amount of whitening gel per tooth.
3. Place tray into mouth and gently press into place. Wipe away excess gel with a tissue. If there is a lot of excess gel then you have placed too much in the trays. Reduce amount used next time.
4. Do not have anything to eat or drink while trays are in place or the gel will wash away.
5. Nighttime Whitening: Place tray in mouth prior to going to bed and remove in the morning after you wake up. Rinse mouth and brushing thoroughly immediately after removing trays.
6. Daytime Whitening: Wear trays for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove trays and immediately rinse and brush thoroughly.
7. Use whitening trays until desired shade is achieved. Repeat whitening process when shade is undesirable again.
8. During whitening process avoid consuming foods that stain such as coffee, tea, or red wine. Stick to a “white diet”. Do not smoke for at least 2 weeks following completion of whitening. Avoid beverages and foods of a citrus nature during whitening process.
9. Store Whitening Gel in the refrigerator when not in use. Store trays in a cool place out of direct sunlight.
Colour changes will appear quite white and or chalky in some spots. Please allow 24 hours for the colour to stabilize to your true results. If you have any questions please call the office at 250-384-7141